Planning a solo trip but don’t know where to start? Taking the kids away on your own but don’t know what to do? I just might have the perfect solution and with some New Year savings to be enjoyed too!
With 25 years’ experience in the travel business and having been a divorcee and single parent I understand the concerns and uncertainties about planning that much-needed break away. Hopefully with my help, you will discover how truly liberating it can be.
• “Is it going to be like one of these awful 18-30’s holiday?”Not at all!
•“Is it going to be a match making type of holiday”?No the only love is the love for travel.
• “Can I have my own space or do I have to get involved in everything”? Everything is on your terms you can be involved as mush or as little as you want.
• “Do I have to share a bedroom”?Of course not, you can have your own space to breakaway when you need some you time.
The reality is; our escorted trips have achieved a proven success rate over the years for all our travellers.
All our packages are designed to encourage the passion for travel, with amazing experiences and they offer a sociable environment to get involved with others who enjoy similar interests. The trips have nothing to do with ‘dating’ and you can get fully involved or enjoy time to yourself; whichever you want.
The wide range of our escorted tours, are backed up with our knowledgeable tour managers and guides that will take you on unforgettable journeys. Whether you are looking for an active break, total relaxation or even a Cruise, I have something for everyone!
SINGLE PARENT FAMILIES
• “Am I going to be the only single parent there?”Statistics would prove this to be highly unlikely.
• “Am I going to left on my own whilst the kids make new friends?”This might be a scary thought but sometime to ourselves can be much needed.
• “Will there be anything for me to do, if the kids are playing?” No there are so many activities for adults you won’t know where to start.
These and more are the questions that can go through your head……The best and only advise I can offer is, take that leap of faith……. The kids will love it and love you for it!
There are plenty of things for the adults to do, Yoga classes, Spa days, shopping and sightseeing if the kids join the supervised kid’s clubs; and lets not underestimate the value of just some well needed relaxation around the pool or reading a book on your sunbed! The fear of not fitting in or having to keep the kids happy will soon dissipate when the many activities fill their day and they make new friends…. As they say, “if the kids are happy you will be happy”. For you, It can be as “all inclusive” or as exclusive as you want, the choices are endless. For those wanting to stay closer to home, we also offer a great selection of UK breaks, including log cabins, cottages as well as hotels.
TOP TIPS FOR ESCORTED TRAVEL
1. Choose somewhere YOU REALLY want to go on an escorted holiday, and then you have something in common with the rest of the group straight away. 2. Be prepared and pack accordingly. 3. Don’t bury your head in a book, mix with others and share the adventure and take in your surroundings. 4. Relax and embrace the freedom – Being on an organised tour offers reassurance that everything has been covered from transport, tickets, accommodation, meals, tour guides and even your luggage. 5. Safety awareness – Be aware of your surroundings in busy city centres.
TOP TIPS FOR SINGLE PARENTS
1. Stop worrying and just DO IT! There are lots of holidays geared up for single parents with kids and there’s so much to do…. 2.Plan ahead. Get the kids involved, find out what they would like to do on holiday and draw up an itinerary. 3.Make sure you pack a small medicine bag with essentials. 4. Emergency Plan – In the event that the kids get separated from you, do they know what to do? Always discuss a ‘meeting spot’, a place to go if they get lost (an easy location). 5. Make sure you have plenty to keep them occupied on the flight or in the car.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT DEBORAH
‘Deb is a fabulous Travel Agent! I decided not to wait around to find people to travel with (I am a 61 year old divorcee with four children who have all flown the nest), so I took the bull by the horns and decided to go solo travelling.
I phoned Deb who was brilliant. To ease me into travelling alone for the first time she sent me various options when I decided on Tenerife as my destination. I was very well looked after from the traveller’s lounge access at the airport to priority boarding onto my flight to VIP pick-up at the other end..it all went very smoothly.
The Hotel was a brilliant choice. Lovely room with sea view (as requested), staff couldn’t have been more helpful with lots of activities to partake in (aquafit, yoga, organised walks, spa treatments). I LOVED it! Deb was in constant touch making sure everything was going well. If you travel with friends or family, you tend to be in a holiday ‘bubble’. You have to go along with your party’s needs and wants. On your own you have absolute freedom to do what you want, when you want to.
I know Tenerife isn’t the most adventurous of places to travel to, but dipping my toe into the sea of solo travelling for the first time – it was just brilliant and very liberating.
Thanks Deb for looking after me and helping me realise I CAN DO IT!’ – Collette Dillon
As a registered Travel Counsellor we offer a unique Financial Trust that goes above and beyond ABTA and ATOL and offers 100% Financial Protection. Add to that I am personally on hand 24/7 from the initial booking right the way through to when you touch down back in the UK.