With Valentine’s Day approaching why not change the game, embrace the day and do something good with it?
In Finland V Day is referred to as ‘Friends Day’; in Guatemala it is known as the ‘Day of Love and Friendship’ and we think these guys are on to something!
So why not use V Day to celebrate love in all its forms – love for your family, love for your friends, love for your cat, your dog or even your favourite TV miniseries and most importantly love for you!
So, get planning some quality time with the girls, the guys, your family or some well-deserved me-time using our dos and don’ts guide to making it the very best Valentine’s Day!
• Share the day with people you care about.
• Use it as an excuse to give back to those who have been good to you – make their special day!
• Get creative and make cards to send to grandparents, an elderly neighbour, aunties, uncles or if you have young children what about their nursery worker – spread the love!
• Celebrate friendships – a great excuse for a few drinks! If you are looking to do something a little different why not try JUNKYARD GOLF or another great option is BOCK BIERE CAFE because you can never go wrong with fondue and Belgium beer.
• Go to a spa, watch your favorite film or TV series or read a good book. KING STREET TOWN HOUSE have fantastic spa facilities and they also host a Champagne Cinema in the new private screening room! KEY 103 DRIVE IN CINEMA is hosting a drive in cinema from the 10th to 14th February 2018 showing a great mix of movies from Toy Story to the Notebook, so there is something for all.
• Get some music on and cook up a storm in the kitchen and get the kids involved – put them in charge of dessert (has the potential to get messy but it’s all part of the fun!) For a little inspiration visit KALI COOKING for some feel good recipes.
• See it as a day just for partners and romance.
• Look at what others are doing so stay away from social media.
• Watch romantic movies alone (unless this is your idea of a perfect night in then please go ahead!)
• Have any expectations for the day as you never know what might happen.
There’s never a bad day to share the love!
Sign up to Merrick Life
Our monthly newsletter shares advice, inspiration and support…because sometimes you need more than family law